Healthy Eating Plan
Snoring / Acid Reflux / Post Nasal Drip Prevention:
- Last 2 hours before sleeping : water only – usually AFTER 8 PM
- Use Gaviscon Advance – 10ml after any late night nibble
- Drink > 1.5 litres of water a day
- Limit tea (incl. green tea) / coffee intake before 3pm only.
(sleep disturbance, diuretic effect, weakens stomach valve)
- Eating 3 meals a day is important
- Whole wheat Pronutro / original Jungle Oats / Weetbix / Eggs for breakfast
- Chicken / Tuna Salad, Low GI bread 2 slice sandwich for Lunch
- With eggs for breakfast can skip lunch for intermittent fasting.
- Dinner – 3 quarter of plate SALAD/VEGETABLES + fish/chicken/meat
- Add eggs to meal to increase satiety.
Suggestion: blend 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon pea flour, 25ml water, 25ml milk
Fry in olive oil like a thick pancake as alternative to bread/rice/roti
- Dessert (optional) – fruit salad + plain, full cream yoghurt
- AVOID GAS / FIZZY drinks = 8 spoons of sugar per can!!!
- Thick juices not much better (mango/orange) – rather 100% apple / cranberry juice
- Avoid sweets, biscuits, chocolates and especially pies, rotis, rice (incl. brown & basmati), pap, pasta and potatoes (incl. chips)
- SWEAT producing exertion 30 min, 3 x per week, increasing to 5 x per week later
Click HERE for printable version