SEPTOPLASTY FOR DEVIATED NASAL SEPTUM
- 30 minute procedure under general anaesthetic to work inside the nose to straighten septum
- No swelling or bruising on outside
- No change to external shape of nose
TONSILLECTOMY FOR ENLARGED TONSILS BLOCKING UP BACK OF THROAT
- 30 min procedure under general anaesthetic
- Often combined with septoplasty.
- Painful after op needing 10 days of intensive painkillers and up to 3 weeks off work.
Ultimate aim both medically and surgically is to:
Open the nose and stiffen up the throat (which became floppy due to mouth breathing)